Are you passionate about empowering female victims of domestic abuse to make informed choices about their and their families’ lives? If yes, would you like to join the largest independent provider of domestic abuse service in Bristol?
Next Link are committed to providing high quality community and outreach support to women and children who have or are experiencing domestic abuse, with a victim centred approach, focussing on their safety, recovery and resettlement in the community.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals with experience of supporting women who are victims of domestic abuse. As a community and outreach resettlement worker you will provide a co-ordinated package of emotional and practical support, advice and advocacy to survivors of domestic violence and their children who may have moved out of safe house, are already living in the community or who are still in abusive relationships. You will support victims/survivors to live independently and assist in their recovery, empowering them to increase their options and make positive decisions improving their confidence, community and social networks and safety.
The successful candidate will have:
- An understanding of the impact of domestic abuse on women and children
- Experience of carrying out needs and risk assessments, co-producing risk management and safety plans with women and children experiencing domestic abuse
- Experience providing support to individuals to sustain/ manage their tenancies and avoid tenancy breakdown
- An understanding of cultural diversity and domestic abuse
- The ability to provide respectful, non-judgemental, and confidential support to women and their children
- A full driving licence and access to transport
- Up to 30 days annual leave (depending on length of service)
- 3 extra holidays including International Women’s Day
- Excellent development and training opportunities
- Employer pension contribution (minimum 5% of your gross salary)
- Mindful Employer Plus Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Wellness Awards
How to apply:
If you are motivated, resourceful and passionate about empowering female victims of domestic abuse apply for this role and work as part of a team to contribute to the valuable work Next Link and its wider services, delivering hope and support to survivors of domestic violence and abuse.
Please download the application pack and complete the application form. Please submit your application by 9am, Monday 29th April 2019. Please do not send CVs. Interviews will be held on Wednesday 3rd May 2019.
or contact us by email: HR.Enquiries@missinglinkhousing.co.uk
Telephone: 0117 925 0680
Next Link, 5 Queen Square, Bristol BS1 4JQ
Next Link is part of Missing Link Housing